Hi, my name is Saulo Silva. I was born and raised in Brazil and in 1996 my family and I moved to Montréal, Canada. I’m in my thirties and I’ve been married since 2007. I recently became father to a beautiful baby girl.
My interests include:
- computers — software engineering and technology in general.
- gastronomy — Brazilian, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese, Thai are my favourite cuisines.
- books — I’m always reading one.
- languages — I speak Portuguese (my mother tongue), English and French. I can understand Spanish to a certain extent. I like to compare languages and to learn about their origins.
I can enjoy pretty much every music genre, but at the moment I listen mostly to Bossa Nova (yes, that’s elevator music).
Some of my favourite books:
- Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- The Name of the Rose
- Paul and Stephen
- Two Thousand Years Ago
- The Spirits’ Book
Some of my favourite movies:
- The Lord of the Rings triology
- The Shawshank Redemption
- History of the World Part I
- Ben Hur
- Inglourious Basterds
- True Grit
- Shutter Island
- The Ghost Writer
- The Others
- Spirited Away
- Princess Mononoke
From 2000 to 2003, I worked as a webmaster/web developer for a small marketing company.
Starting in 2005, for three consecutive summers, I had an internship as an internal Sarbanes-Oxley IT Auditor at Rio Tinto Alcan.
In 2008 I helped design and implement an enterprise web application for a water treatment company.
I can be reached at saulo at saulosilva dot com.